September 26, 2007

Have You Seen This?


Does this card look familiar? If so, you saw this in the November '07 issue of Paper Crafts magazine. I was thumbing through the magazine when I saw this striking card. I decided to recreate the card using another piece of designer paper. In my quest to find a nice bright colorful piece of designer paper, I came across the same paper that was used in the magazine and found that it matched perfectly with Groovy Guava. This card is so much prettier in real life.
I recreated the card using the supplies I had on hand. I decided to use the stampset All In a Row to create a stitched look instead of actually sewing on the card. I also used the Thank You stamp from Short & Sweet stampset. I sponged Groovy Guava on the underside of the designer paper since the underside was white. This card needed a contrasting color to make it pop so I decided to punch a 1" circle from Purely Pomegranate cardstock and then punched part of a flower from the designer paper using the 3/4" circle punch. The card measures 6 x 3 3/4.

1 comment:

rozie640 said...

Charlotte, that card is beautiful!!! You are the Queen of Magazine stamping. I've got 1,000 magazines on my kitchen table and do you think I've ever ONCE recreated a card I liked? Let alone adapt it to one of the 100+ SU stamp sets I own. Lovely card, keep it coming!