September 19, 2007

A Life of It's Own

Don't you hate it when you start out with a specific design for a card and it doesn't turn out that way you imgined it? This card started out as a birthday card for a male co-worker and it took on a life of its own. Now that I'm done, I don't know what to make of it. What do you think?

I started with the colors of Wild Wasabi and River Rock simply because I have not used River Rock at all. I thought that the color combination was nice. I stamped the first layer with the Sanded BG stamp and then randomly stamped the smaller stamps from the Wanted set using River Rock ink. I then stamped Wanted on a strip of River Rock CS and layered it on the Wild Wasabi strip. The image behind the chipboard was stamped in Wild Wasabi on Very Vanilla CS and then punched out with the Scallop punch. The On-Board Blossoms chipboard was colored using the Wild Wasabi reinker and a sponge. I decided to add vintage brads to the petals of each flower to give it more texture. I punched the holes with the 1/16" handheld punch and inserted the brads. This card was then completed with the addition of the photo corners. What do you think?

All items used are Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Wanted, Sanded BG
CS: Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Ink: Wild Wasabi, River Rock
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Photo Corner punch, Scallop Circle punch, On-Board Blossoms chipboard

1 comment:

rozie640 said...

Wow, love this card, it is manly!