September 19, 2007

Sketch Challenge

With the leftover CS from the previous project, I decided to use it for Sketch Challenge 142 on Splitcoast Stampers. When I completed the card, I looked at it and thought how plain, it needs more. Then my hubby ran downstairs and exclaimed that this card is just gorgeous. I think it was the jumbo eyelets that caught his eye. So here I am posting it.

I decided to use Oh So Lovely hostess set for the artpiece and colored the flowers using the Water Color Crayons. The corners of the artpiece was punched using the Ticket corner punch, then layered onto Wild Wasabi CS. I then used the Corner Rounder punch on the corners and then inserted the Vintage Brads. I used the Sanded BG stamp on the River Rock CS. I must note one small problem with making this card. Once the Wild Wasabi strip was adhered to the River Rock layer, I couldn't punch holes for the jumbo eyelets with my Crop-A-Dial since the placement was in the middle of the CS. I had to use my trusty dusty Eyelet Tool Kit to make the holes. Then to set the eyelets I had to use my heavy duty hammer along with the eyelet setter. Worked like a charm!

All items used are Stampin'Up!
Stamps: Oh So Lovely, Sanded BG, Paisley BG
CS: Wild Wasabi, River Rock, Very Vanilla
Ink: Wile Wasabi, River Rock, Staz-on Timber Brown
Accessories: Water Color Crayons, Vintage Brads, Jumbo Eyelets, Ticket Corner punch, Corner Rounder punch

1 comment:

rozie640 said...

I know what you mean, you feel like it needs just one more thing. Love the layout and the eyelets, let me see it up close and personal next time I see ya!