October 17, 2007




Can you believe how many times I tried to upload this post? It took 3 whole nights. Everytime I uploaded, I received an error!!!

Anyway, this card was made for a challenge card swap I participated in. The challenge was to make a criss cross card, and this is the final result. This was my first ever criss cross card, I am very pleased with how it turned out. I started with the directions from Michelle Wooderson's blog.

I used the Cutie Pie DSP Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue. I made the scallop edges using the corner rounder on 1/2 in strips of C. Celery and Bash. blue cardstock and attached to the card pieces and then pierced the strips. The belly band was made using a 1/4" strip of B. Blue stamped with Dotted BG and then layered on a 1/2" strip of C. Celery. (Note, the B. Blue strip was not wrapped all the way around the C. Celery strip. It was cut at both ends). The sentiment was stamped on W. White cs with the birthday stamp from Circle of Friendship in C. Celery craft ink, embossed with Clear EP and punched with the 1" circle punch. The sentiment was then layered onto DSP punched with the 1 1/4" circle punch. That piece was layered onto Bash. Blue punched with the 1 3/8" circle punch. The entire piece was layered onto a piece of W. Wasabi cs punched with the Scallop punch and pierced within each scallop.

To give this card some texture, I stamped the W. White cs with Dotted BG stamp and embossed with White EP(you can see it in the picture on the left). A 1/4" strip of DSP was attached to the bottom of the cs and pierced (. This was layered onto a piece of C. Celery cs. The bottom of the cs was stamped with the Wish Big sentiment from the Short & Sweet stamp set in W. Wasabi and embossed with clear EP. Yes I did use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for this project. I topped this card off using non-SU hardware and attached a piece of W. Wasabi double stitched ribbon and light blue gingham ribbon to the hardware. Hope you like it!

3 comments:

tai said...

Char:

This is really nice and the colors are so vibrant.

Tai

Stefanie said...

Super cute Charlotte! I love the embossed polka dots. What a great addition!

rozie640 said...

Wow Char, love it and I know your swap partner will too!!!! I want one, wah.