October 3, 2007

In The Spotlight


Yesterday, my friend TaiLan and I were blogsurfing during work. We came across a really simple but beautiful card on Beate's website (http://beate.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/). So, Tai challenged us to make our own version of Beate's weekend sketch challenge #18 card. I came home yesterday and started making this card. It took me an hour to decide on cardstock, DSP, and what stampset to use. Once I decided on the CS, DSP, and stampset, I went to work. I was pleased with the way the card turned out, but one little thing didn't sit right with me. I did not like the color CS I used for the scallop piece. Well it was already 11pm and I had to get to bed so I decided not to post last night and to wait and redo the card and then post today.
Once I finished making six of these cards and taking pictures, I turned on my computer and lo and behold, my new keyboard of 1.5 months wouldn't work. Panick quickly set in. So, I yelled for the resident computer guy (DH) to come make it work. Don't know what spell he put on the computer but, "voila", he made it work. We're back in business and cooking with gas!
This card was fairly easy to make and is easy to mass produce. I made six of them in two hours. Once I had all the CS cut, I stamped the artpiece with Groovy Guava and used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the same image in VersaMark. Then I used clear EP and embossed. I did this for the sentiment as well using the Groovy Guave ink. I also cheated a bit -- I had to break out the Mega scalloped punch for this project and I used the Creative Memories cutting system to cut the artpiece and still have a small edge. Hope you like it and thanks for looking! I'll have another one for you soon. I promise!
Here's the recipe of the SU products used:
Stamps: In the Spotlight, Sweet Shapes
CS: Groovy Guava, Brocade Blue, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Darling Doodles DSP
Ink: Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Versamark
Accessories: Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon, Ice circle rhinestone, Rich Regal brads, Clear EP, Photo Corners punch, Corner Rounder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it came out great!!
Maria