December 11, 2007

Meander Book




When I saw the directions last week on Splitcoast Stampers for a Meander Book, I asked myself (1) what the heck is a meander book; and (2) can I do this? Since the sample was so cute, I had to make one of my own. And besides, it was a real reason to use my Bind It All Machine (that's another story). The directions for the Meander book were very easy to follow and can be found here.

I used paper by Basic Grey and embellished with Purely Pomegranate and Whisper White cardstock. I left it fairly simple because I may give it away as a gift. I used the mini clips from SU and the rest of the embellishments are non-SU. Hope you like it. Oh! by the way, I did look up the definition of the word "meander" and now know why this book got its name.

verb (used without object)
1. to proceed by or take a winding or indirect course: The stream meandered through the valley.
2. to wander aimlessly; ramble: The talk meandered on. –verb (used with object)
3. Surveying. to define the margin of (a body of water) with a meander line. –noun
4. Usually, meanders. turnings or windings; a winding path or course.
5. a circuitous movement or journey.
6. an intricate variety of fret or fretwork.
[Origin: 1570–80; <>

—Synonyms 1. wander, wind, twist, snake, coil.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006

2 comments:

Summerthyme Studio said...

Oh Charlotte!!! This is LOVELY!!!!


Vicki

stampincuzILuv2 said...

Wow! You did a awesome job on this
Dee