January 27, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge


I'm posting this challenge early because I more than likely will not have time to post tomorrow. This is MaryJo's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #2. This challenge was much harder than I expected. I wanted to use DSP with bright colors, but I couldn't decide which one to use. So, I grabbed the first package on the top of the pile. Then, I had no idea what stamp set I would use as my main image. Lastly, my computer is not functioning at 100%. So, in between file downloads, this card was born. I am not very happy with it, but it's kind of cute in a semi-monochromatic way. Is that even a valid term?

Recipe
Stamps: One of a Kind
CS: Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Berry Bliss DSP
Inks: Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: 3/4" hole punch for scallops, 1/2" hole punch, 1/16" hole punch, tag corner punch

12 comments:

MJ said...

Love the scallop edge and the embossing. Beautiful card Charlotte! It don't look like you had a hard time. Thanks for playing.

Lisa said...

Love the addition of the scallop edge.

rozie640 said...

CHAR, love this card, you have to bring it over for diet lunch this week! Love that embossed flower.

Savor the Journey said...

Charlotte, this card is terrific! Yummy colors and the scallops are the bomb!

~Bev

Stampin' Paradise said...

Love it!!!!

Basement Stamper said...

I think the card is sweet!! The focal point is perfect!

Kerry said...

Charlotte, this card is gorgeous!! great job!

www.memoriesbybrenda.com said...

My favorite color combo, the scallops are perfect.
Brenda Taylor

debbiedee said...

so pretty! love the color combo too

Pat Huntoon said...

Gorgeous colors and composition, Charlotte!

astampingteddy said...

Great Card - and what's almost just as good is that your blog finally registers correctly with the blog reader now. YAY!
Claudia

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow...I so love this...As always your work is terrific!!!