January 31, 2008

Oops!


This one is different ... but I like it! This card was made for what I thought was this week's Blogger's challenge. Silly me, I didn't read thoroughly. I thought I read "copy the layout from the front cover of SU's Spring/Summer catalog." I was actually supposed to use the layout from the birthday card on the cover of the SAB (Sale-A-Bration) catalog. Oh Well. I will try to make it tomorrow night. Now on to this card. I really like it. Did I already say that? It's actually prettier IRL.

I started out cutting Bali Breeze DSP making sure the large flower was centered, then layered it on Tempting turquoise CS. I pierced the top and punched the scallops on the Tempting Turquoise. I figured that this card needs some texture so I added the brads alternating between Apricot Appeal and Temp. Turq. Then I layered it onto another piece of DSP from Bali Breeze.

The large flower on the DSP needed some jazzing up so I used the glitter pen on the large flower. You can somewhat see it in the picture. The center scallop is from So Many Scallops. Which you can get free with every $50 order, starting February 1st.

Recipe
Stamps: So Many Scallops

CS: Purely Pomegranate, Tempting Turquoise, Bali Breeze DSP
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Versamark, Clear EP, BB & EE Brads, Corner Rounder, Scallop Punch, 7/8" punch, 1/2" punch, Quickie Glue Pen, Paper Piercer

5 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

This one is so cute! Can't wait to see your next one!

MJ said...

You are so darn cute. This card is awesome even if it is the wrong layout. That is one way to get more stampin done! Love Love Love this one.

astampingteddy said...

You are too funny - you did follow a challenge just not exactly the right catalog ;-) I still like this card anyway! Great colors!
Claudia

rozie640 said...

Beautiful card, you've been holding out on me!

Gerrie said...

This is wunnerful! Challenge? what challenge? tee hee