January 8, 2008

Swap Cards



These were the cards I made to swap with my online group at Leadership.

The first card was made with the Happy Heart Day stamp set. The elephant image was embossed and water colored in. SU markers were used on the heart and flowers. Used a drop of Crystal Effects on the heart to give the card some texture and paper pierced one corner of the cardstock. Although you can not see it, the Real Red cardstock is randomly stamped tone on tone with the flower image from this set. Cardstocks used were Basic Black, Real Red, Basic Gray, Whisper White. The card was topped off with a few vintage black brads and the new 5/8" Real Red grosgrain ribbon.

The second card is my favorite. My brother, June (short for Junior), helped me design this card. I was totally shocked because he was really interested in what I was doing and, he took the time out of his busy schedule to tell me "put this on top of that and use this color ink and try this color instead of that ..." Surprisingly, I actually understood his "this & thats" and saw our vision for this card. What do you think?

The card uses River Rock, Rose Red, Regal Rose cardstocks & Ginger Blossom DSP; Three for you punch & 1/4" circle punch; Vintage brads.

1 comment:

rozie640 said...

I love both of those cards and am so pleased I have one of each. That ginger blossom paper is fast becoming my favorite. Fabulous work!