February 7, 2008

Bloggers Challenge #33


I really love how this card turned out. It's prettier IRL. This card was made for this week's BC #33. We were to use the color combination of Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red & Taken with Teal. I wanted to give this card a little texture, but didn't quite succeed. I used the Polka Dot background stamp on the P. Pie CS (you can hardly see it). I should have embossed it. The little guys are from Stampendous. Aren't they cute? I hope you like it.

Recipe
Stamps: Dotted, Polka Dot, Holidays & Wishes,
CS: T w/ Teal, Rose Red, P. Pie, O. Olive, Whisper White
Inks: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Accessories: SU markers (r. red, p. pie, t. w/ teal, b. banana), Glitter, Crystal Effects, Ticket corner punch, corner rounder punch, 5/8" O. Olive grosgrain ribbon, piercing tool

18 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

I think your card is awesome, love the sparkles on the Bee's. I love the bee stamps from Stampendous!

Lisa Somerville said...

Very cute Charlotte - love the sparkle on the bees.

Karen said...

great card - love this stamp too!! super cute!!

Pat Huntoon said...

Adorable -- love that stamp. Your details are great -- and yes, you can just make out the polka dots : )

Mary Jo Price-Wiliams said...

Charlotte, I just love this image. You did such a great job laying out the colors, they look great! Adorable.

Kerry said...

Oh, Charlotte! This is buggy-rrific! You girls, really did a wonderful job with this unique color combo!

Beckie said...

aaaaawh, so cute! I love the glitter on the little bugs!

rozie640 said...

Oh my goodness, you'd better bring this card over. I didn't know you even had a bee stamp. I am now collecting them. Let's get our bee's together for a stamp day!!!

Anonymous said...

too cute!! looks like me and you ;0) Maria

Leigh said...

Sooooooo adorably cute, Charlotte. I just love it!

astampingteddy said...

such a cute card - those bee's are just darling!
Claudia

amycara said...

What cute little Bees those are! GREAT CARD!

Ida said...

Super Cute indeed! Those bee's are just so adorable and look fabulous on your card.

Lori said...

This is adorable!

Lisa Bohler said...

Great layout and I love the sparkly bugs! Such a fun card!

Amber Porter said...

Oh, those little bees are too cute!! Love your layout! Great card.

Gerrie said...

cute! cute! cute!

Amanda Sewell said...

OMGosh, this is SO cute! Love the scalloped edge and the glitter on the bees is darling!!!