February 21, 2008

Bloggers Challenge #35

I do not like these colors together! ... and they don't work well together. Am I whining? This week's BC was to use Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue, and Old Olive. Can you say "CHALLENGE"? I made two cards for this challenge because the first card, we'll call the love card, is just hideous, but I had to post because I used the chunky sprinkles and I like the look. Unfortunately the Crystal Effects did not want to stay near the edge of the heart, hence no sprinkles near the center of the heart. But I like it the little heart!!! The second card, the birthday card, is much better. Simple but better than the first. Both cards are embossed using the Cuttlebug embossing folders. Let me know what you think.


Recipe
Stamp: Big on Spring
CS: Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Purely Pomegranate, Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Clear EP, ticket corner punch, light pink Chunky Sprinkles


Recipe
Stamp: So Many Scallops, Linen BG stamp
CS: Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate, Brilliant Blue
Inks: Versamark
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Clear EP, Scallop punch, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" punches, Purely Pomegranate double stitched ribbon

14 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow, girl...you are really on a roll...two cards. You did a fabulous job on both!

Foster Mom said...

Both of these are just delightful...you did a great job...

Lisa Somerville said...

Great use of this weeks BC colors -love the sparkle bling in the first one - and the 2nd one's layout is great!

Connie said...

Great job! Two cards! The colors were a challenge for me as well!

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW! I am impressed you did 2. I had all I could do to get one decent one done. Love the beads on the "v".

Lisa Bohler said...

You made these color work great!!! Love the chunky glitter!!

Amber Porter said...

Super cute cards! Love the use of the cuttlebug backgrounds on both!!!

Nikki Bond said...

How pretty! I can't possible choose a fav..there both wonderful! Great job1 {SMILES}

Ida said...

Great job on both cards. Card #1 is not hideous at all. The chunky glitter really gives it that special touch.
Card #2 is wonderful. Love the embossing folder with this & the colors DO look great together.

Barbara said...

I hear you....not a favorite color combo of mine either. BUT, you did a fabulous job on BOTH cards!! Both are lovely...and fun. Great job!

Lori said...

Love how you used the colors here. The chunky glitter and the Cuttlebug embossing look great.

Beckie said...

both cards are adorable! I can't decide which I like better!

Basement Stamper said...

Both of your cards are great. I love the chunky sparkles!!!

MJ said...

I think that both of your cards are super. I love this fun bright combo. You did a great job.