March 8, 2008

Bloggers Challenge # 37


Before I begin, I must tell you the reason for the two different backgrounds. I deleted the wrong picture on my camera. Now on to the card.

This challenge was a lot of fun! This week's BC was to make a card that is not rectangular in shape. I thought, the only other alternative is circle. Then I looked at the Good Egg stamp set and decided to recreate the main stamp image. This is my version the image. I really like how this card turned out. The second picture shows how the card opens. I started with the Creative Memories oval cutting system. I cut out two large ovals to simulate an egg. Then stamped and clear embossed the circles on the bottom half of the "egg". Next I stamped the zig-zag image repeatedly and embossed in white. After I did that, I was stuck. But I did not give up. I had to make this challenge work. Hope you like it!

Details
Stamps: A Good Egg
CS: Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, So Saffron
Inks: Versamark
Accessories: Creative Memories cutting system, white EP, clear EP, bashful blue 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, brads-soft subtles, stampin dimensional, glue dot

20 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

too cute.....luv the colors

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Adorable!!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Egg-celent card! How adorable and delightful. Really puts me in the mood for an Easter Creme Egg...chocolate you know!!!

Leigh said...

Egggstra special! Love it!

Summerthyme Studio said...

So Pretty!!!!

Vicki

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute is that - looks like the chicks are in bed under the sheets!

Ida said...

Very cute! I love the row of chicks peeking out. Nice spring colors.

amycara said...

Great minds think alike! Adorable card!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Eggceptional card there! Great job on the challenge.

Sheryl said...

Charlotte, this is adorable! I love those little chicks!

Lisa Bohler said...

It turned out wonderfully! Simply adorable!

MJ said...

Great job Charlotte! Very appropriate and cute too!

Amber Porter said...

Great shaped card! Love it!! I need to try one of these easter egg cards!

Amanda Sewell said...

Super sweet!!! Seriously I am having so much fun making Easter stuff this year!!!

rozie640 said...

O M G this is just TOO cute. I love it, the colors are great. Fabulous job!!!

Stefanie said...

Super cute Charlotte! I love the swivel card and the zig zag looks great as a cracked egg shell.

Claudia said...

Oh how cute is that?!! I love those little chicks ...

Tai said...

Hey Char:

This card is really cute.

Tai

Lori said...

This is so cute! Those chicks are absolutely adorable.

Tangerine Dream said...

Too cute! I love these egg shaped cards...