March 15, 2008

Bloggers Challenge # 38 -- Late!


This week's challenge was to create Birthday Cards - any age. Well this challenge was just in time because I killed two birds with one stone. Not only did I complete the challenge but, tomorrow is my husband's birthday. He will be the recipient of one of these cards. Can't decide which one to give him.

Last Sunday, my downline and I went to the Original Rubber Stamp Convention and we came across these new stamps by Safire Designs. When we saw them we both thought, "male birthday cards". I am challenged when it comes to making masculine cards, so I purchased these stamps with the intent to bring me outside of my comfort zone. I like the way they turned out seeing I only started three hours ago :_) .

Both cards use Garden Green, Not Quite Navy, Going Gray, and Whisper White cardstock. Also used Staz-On Ink, as well as the watercolor crayons and SU markers. The spark plug on the cupcake is popped up on a dimensional and watercolored with bordering blue wc crayon. The card is also embellished with silver brads.

The wrench card is embossed using silver metallic ink and clear EP and watercolored with Going Gray. The candles were colored in using the wc crayons too. The twill tape was stamped in Not Quite Navy with the birthday stamp from Happy Everything and finished off paper piercing across the bottom (under the twill tape) and brads from the Bold Brights color family. Hope you like them as much as I do!

16 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Charlotte, these are just too perfect! What a great way to celelbrate the "handyman" in your life. Fabulous cards with wonderful design elements!

Nikki Bond said...

Tooooo CUTE! These are perfect masculine card! Great job this week! {SMILES}

Lisa Bohler said...

Those stamps crack me up! What a fun way to make a masculine card! They turned out great!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Charlotte, these are worth the wait!! So cute!!!

Vicki

amycara said...

Great cards, Charlotte! I have some handy men in my life too so these are right up my alley...just perfect! Whichever one you decide, your husband will love it! If not, you can always hit him over the head with the wrench that inspired you! LOL!

Barb Hardeman said...

These are both way too cute! Can I say that about a 'guy' card? Super images and well put together. Great job!

Ida said...

Very creative and fun masculine cards. My fav is the wrench card but that cupcake looks mighty nice too.

Claudia said...

Those are just too funny - Great Guy cards!

Lori said...

These are great! Just perfect for guys.

Karen said...

what great guy cards!! love the sparkplug on the cupcake stamp - too funny!!

Pat Huntoon said...

Love the spark plug card! Happy birthday to your husband, too : )

rozie640 said...

Char, those are great!!! Wish SU had something that just screamed "man stamp".

Amber Porter said...

Great masculine cards! These are always a challenge for me too!!

tonistamps said...

You're killin me here Charlotte! 3 hours!!! I love them, but I would have quit after 2 hours and 50 minutes. You have WAY more patience than I do.

Basement Stamper said...

Those cards only took you 3 hours? Boy, you are good, I bet that beats some of Rose's records LOL

Great job and I know exactly what you mean about masculine cards

Barbara said...

Man cards! They are both GREAT! Whimsical and manly at the same time!!