April 22, 2008

Splitcoast Stamp Mania #5

It’s been a while since my last post and you’re probably looking for something new. I’ve been busy with the usual life stuff and preparing for SCSM5 (Splitcoast Stamp Mania #5). I attended SCSM5 this past Saturday along with a hundred other women. It was a lot of fun and I came home with nice swaps and shoebox projects. The project I did for the shoebox swap was a flap card with a belly band. I don’t know the proper name for it but cards are fun to make.

The bellyband card uses Wild Wasabi , Real Red & Pumpkin Pie CS, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP. The stamp set used is Tart & Tangy (you can purchase from the Occasions Mini --- e-mail me to place an order).


I also participated in a convention style swap just before SCSM5 began. I made a flap card for this swap. This card turned out better than I thought. I used the Wild Wasabi, Brilliant Blue, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White CS, along with the Jersey Shore DSP. The DSP is very pretty IRL. I also used Boho Backgrounds to make the focal point of this card along and Holidays & Wishes on the inside of the card. Oh! almost forgot -- the flap closes with a small magnet. The opposing side of the magnet is adhered under the inside page of the card. I hope you like it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Tai said...

Char:

This card is really nice and I am glad that I received one.

Tai

Tandra said...

Hi Charlotte!! Its Tandra!! lol
Love this flap card you did for swapping at Mania! Wish I could have traded with you!
I love that paper!