June 4, 2008

With Sympathy

It's been a while since my last post. Well let me tell you what I've been up to! Work, work work!!! It's been so busy my head is still spinning. After this week work should be back to normal. The crazy thing is that I knew I would be busy, but still signed up for a couple of swaps.

BTW, yesterday, June 3rd, my wonderful husband and I celebrated our 19th year of wedded bliss! Our anniversary was very low keyed. I received a beautiful boquet of flowers and a really cute teddy bear. We went to dinner, came home, and thats all she wrote!

Now on to one of the swap cards I did. I will share the other card with you later. I promise!

This card is made with SU's new stamp set Fresh Cuts. I stamped the smaller flowers along the sides of the Wild Wasabi CS in Wild Wasabi ink and then dipped a dried up white gel pen in craft white inker and made the flower centers. Once I completed the centers, I used Dazzling diamonds to give it some sparkle. The flowers in the main image is also glittered. You can hardly see the glitter but the card is much prettier in real life (who would have thought to put glitter on a sympathy card??). The sentiment is from Close as a Memory. The W. Wasabi layer was finished off with a piece of 1/4" White grosgrain ribbon and then layered onto a 5"x5" piece of Basic Black CS. Hope you like it and thanks for looking.


4 comments:

rozie640 said...

Love this card, the way I see it, people who are grieving like a little sparkle too. Great card.

Tai said...

Nice Card

Tai

Kimberly said...

This is a beautiful card and with my favorite wild wasabi!! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent!! I will be linking you up and checking you out :) Blessings!

Barbara said...

This is fabulous! Love everything about it...AND I have one of these from the swap...even better in person.