July 14, 2008

Taylored Expressions Cupcake Challenge

This past Saturday, my BFF Rose and I ran into Joy, Jamie, and Taylor this Saturday at the Rubberstamp Convention in Carson, CA. For those of you who do not know them, they are the gals who put together the annual SplitCoast Stampers gathering here in the So. California area (you can find them on Splitcoaststampers.com). They do a wonderful job in organizing this event. Anyway, while chatting with them, Taylor's weekly cupcake challenge came up. These challenges are issued on Friday's and are due the following Monday morning at 8am PDT. Since it was only Saturday, I figured I had time to do it. Well Sunday night at 8:50pm I realize I better get a start on this challenge if I want to be included int he drawing. Unfortunately, I did not get the card posted in time, but I did participate, and I love the outcome. Here is the layout and my card.






What do you think? Interesting color combo and after putting them together, the colors complement each other quite nicely. There was a color challenge on one of my online groups which I did not sign up for, and now I wished I did. The colors are: Perfect Plum, Old Olive, Rose Red, More Mustard, and White. The image was left over from a previous Mystery Challenge. Thanks for looking.

5 comments:

Tai said...

Hey Char:

I see that you have been keeping your blog updated lately. I love these colors together and the duck is great.

Tai

rozie640 said...

Very sweet card, now I'm gonna try to do one of Taylor's challenges!

MJ said...

Oh my gosh that is just the cutest image ever! How sweet, I just love it. Great job Charlotte!

Lisa said...

Wow, I just love what you have done here with the blocks of colour and the image. Truly inspirational.

Kerry D-C said...

How cute is that image?! Love the color combo! ;)