August 13, 2008

Cards Made at my Playdate

This past Sunday, I had a playdate with my upline and sideline. I thought all three of us would be stamping some great images, but I was the only one stamping. They were busy making their list of things to order from the new SU IB&C.

I was looking through the August issue of Cards magazine and came across a few layouts I liked. I decided to case the layouts of three cards but only two of them were okay for your viewing pleasure. I will re-do the other card later on. This card is made with the Eastern Blooms stamp set. Cardstocks used were Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink. Inks are Regal Rose and Choc. Chip Craft. The image in Choc. Chip and the sentiment were embossed with clear EP. I finished the card with Pretty in Pink and Chocolate 1/4" grosgrain ribbon and Diamond Stickles to the center of the Pink flowers.


This card did not turn out the way I imagined, but it is acceptable. I really like the layout. It is clean and simple. I will use this layout again sometime because it will force me to use the Hodgebodge Hardware I already own. For this card, I used Kraft, Tangerine Tango, and Very Vanilla cardstock with Pumpkin Pie 1/4" grosgrain ribbon. The image is from Embrace Life. I used the stamp off technique for this card.

Hope you like it. TFL.

3 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

Charlotte, these are understated and classy! Wish I were stamping with you girls! I'll bet I would spend more time laughing than stamping. :)
Hugs!

MJ said...

I forgot to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog yesterday. Here is the link
http://technostamper.blogspot.com/2008/08/i-am-sooo-bad-and-so-sorry-too.html

Terria said...

these cards are awesome! I love the color combo for the Birthday card , I have been favoring these colors myself lately. Great job
Terria :)