October 6, 2008

TSSC38 -- 2 for 1

This card for MaryJo's Technostampers challenge. This card should have been posted last night, but I was really tired and told myself that I would do it first thing in the morning. Well fast forward to the afternoon. I am finally getting a chance to post.

Although this card seems a little plain (lacking embellies) I still like the way it turned out. I used the Inspired by Nature stamp set. I love the set, but find it very hard to use especially if you only want to use a portion of the flower. I had such a hard time lining up the image to paper just to get that one flower -- special huh?

The color combo in these cards are Night of Navy, Kiwi Kiss and Very Vanilla.



This card was also made using the same layout. I think it is a little too plain.
This card is screaming for help! I really like the layout and the paper/color combination used. What can I do to help this card?

6 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Charlotte: I'm all about simple, I'm thinking the same thing about the card I just did. I love your cards, and if you wanted to add something, you could do some paper piercing on the solid cardstock.

Barbara said...

Love both cards....especially the first one! Simple is good! After all, our customers love looking at our masterpieces, but will probably only duplicate the easiest or simplist of them!! As for the 2nd...try glittering the cupcake?...and maybe some paper piercing like Kim suggested....how about a touch of ribbon. However, it really is very cute!

MJ said...

Wow, look at you! Two cards. I love them both. sometimes less is more. I am so happy you played along, thanks.

brenda taylor said...

Both of your card are great, i really enjoy the second one.

Carol O. said...

I LOVE these quick and simple cards but to dress them up you can do techniques on the bakgrounds and/or add sparkle to the main image. Glitter or brads on the cupcake as sprinkles are one possibility.

Kerry D-C said...

These look fantastic to me! I also have a hard time making a card with out any embellies...just like if I were to make a dinner for my Irish husband that didn't have any potatos! It's just not right! LOL! But I didn't even notice that these cards had no embellishments. Because everything else is so great. (unlike my cooking!)