October 13, 2008

TSSC39 - Inspired by Nature


I am surprised at myself because I have participated in MaryJo's sketch challenge for two consecutive weeks. I had my 20-month old nephew yesterday for what seemed like an eternity. I gave him some large unbreakable crayons and a floor pad to color on. As I complemented him on his "scribble", three colors stood out. They were orange, brown, and green. This is where my color inspiration came from for this sketch challenge. This sketch was easy, but I ventured away from the exact sketch just a wee bit. I added Dazzling Diamonds to the center of the flowers to give it some texture; it looks white in the picture. I really like the outcome of this card. Make sure you take a look at the other players in this week's challenge. TFL.

Recipe:
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Wow Flowers
CS: T. Tango, Choc. Chip, W. White
Inks: T. Tango, Choc. Chip, O. Olive, K. Kiss
Accessories: 1/4" Choc. Chip grosgrain ribbon, 1 1/4" & 1" circle punch, D. Diamonds, Paper Piercing

10 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

ooooooh! super pretty! Great source of unbridled inspiration!

Basement Stamper said...

Gorgeous card Charlotte!!! Now, you need to get Rose to get a blog going to share all her cards!

rozie640 said...

Hey Char, great card, loved the back story, I know the child in question. I need to see this one up close and personal.

Margaret said...

Bee-you-tee-ful card!!! Isn't it great that we can find inspiration in the most unexpected places when we look for it! Great job!

Margaret said...

Bee-you-tee-ful card!!! Isn't it great that we can find inspiration in the most unexpected places when we look for it! Great job!

MJ said...

This is great. Love the way you got your colors inspiration. Too fun. I also love that you have the sketch flipped upside down. Great job. Thanks for playing along.

amycara said...

This is sooooo pretty! Great card!

brenda taylor said...

I love your card, what a neat way you did the sketch. I like your blog look as well.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Charlotte - love the addition of the DD glitter and the rotated sketch.

tai said...

Char:

Very cute card and the colors are great.

Tai