November 10, 2008

MJ's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenges 42 & 43

I have two cards to share with you. This week's sketch challenge 43 and last week's. Although I had SK42 made, I didn't get a chance to take a picture and upload. I simply ran out of time.
Here is my SK43 submission. Frosted Tulips -- you like? I really like how this card turned out. I flipped the sketch so that the card is vertical versus horizontal. This sketch is so fun and easy to work with. I will be using this sketch for future cards. Here are the details that went into making this card. Stamp: Embrace Life CS: Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Haiku DSP Ink: Staz-on Jet Black Accessories: 2-Way glue pen, Dazzling Diamond, 1/4" Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, miscellaneous brads, double rectangle punch


Although this card did not turn out the way I envisioned it, it has some potential. I used the Score Pal to create double score lines above the strip of DSP and a single score line below the strip. Cardstock used are B. Burgundy, So Saffron. It also uses CB Swiss Dots embossing folder. At the time I created this card, I didn't realize how pale the 1/4" Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon looked. Note to self -- do not use use this color ribbon when re-making this card.


6 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Charlotte - love the colors on the top one.

MJ said...

Fabulous cards Charlotte! I love both of them, the top one has great colors and I love that image on the tag for the bottom one. Thanks for playing along.

Kerry D-C said...

These are Fabtastic!

papersunshine said...

That is gorgeous! Love that paper and the sparkly way you did the flowers :)

Tai said...

Char:

I love the first card it just screams wonderful.

Tai

njburk said...

These are both wonderful---so glad you got the chance to play along.