September 14, 2009

TSSC87 - To Have & To Hold



I can't believe how fast and how well this card came together. When I sat down to work on this sketch challenge, I had no idea it would turn into a wedding card because I had plans to make a different wedding card for my cousin. Don't you love it when you can accomplish two things at once? Anyway, I usually decide on what stamp set I would use before making any card. Not this time though -- this time I started backwards. I built this card from bottom to top. First with the new Day & Night DSP and a splash of Real Red for a little contrast. Then I added the two layers of CS using the Eyelet border punch across the card and embossed the top layer (which you can barely see in the picture). Although the sentiment was a tad short, I improvised by making the base a lot longer and embellished it with brads to match the charm I found in my stash drawer. I just love how this card turned out. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking. Oh! make sure you check out the other sketch challenge players by going to MJ's blog

Card measures 6 3/4 x 3 1/2

Recipe: Stamp - Everything Nice; Cardstock - Basic Black, Real Red, Night & Day DSP; Accessories - Basic Black & Real Red markers, brads, 5/8" satin ribbon, Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plate, Eyelet Border punch, Versamark, Clear EP, charm


7 comments:

Carole'Anne said...

Very beautiful. Really like the colours and the combination!
Thank you for sharing

Basement Stamper said...

This card is absolutely stunning, you did a fabulous job with it!

rozie640 said...

This card is AWESOME!!!! I love every stinking thing about it, great details.

MJ said...

Gorgeous! This is a real wow card. Love that new paper. And the brads are so perfect with that darling charm. Great job, Thanks for playing along.

Selene Kempton said...

How elegant!! Just beautiful.

Leigh said...

I like your wedding card Charlotte. Great take on the sketch.
Thanks for commenting on my baby card.

Nicole said...

Hey Charlotte, you are on a roll!! Beautiful artwork going on here!