September 27, 2009

TSSC89 - Eggplant and Celery

Here is my take on MJ's Lunchtime sketch challenge. It took like forever to make the scallop circle. I think I did a pretty good job on it, nevermind the fact that I had to go outside in natural sunlight to punch the scallops. I just couldn't get the scallops right using the light in my stamp room. I started out with a 5" circle using the circle scissors plus. Then I used SU's retired small corner rounder to make the scallops. The 3/6" corner rounder made the scallops too small and tight. I like the look of the larger scallops for this size circle. Once I made the "perfect" scallop, I ran it through the Big Shot using the Backgrounds 1 Texturz plates to give it some dimension. The main image is from Upsy Daisy, which was colored using SU Markers in Certainly Celery and Elegant Eggplant. I colored the Thank You portion of the stamp with the E. Eggplant marker and used the Word Window punch then layered on he Modern Label punch. Those two pieces were pop dotted onto larger modern label from the movers and shakers die. The art piece was finished off with six brads on the right side. Make sure you check out the other sketch challenge players by going to MJ's blog.


6 comments:

Leigh said...

Lovely card Charlotte.

MJ said...

Wowzers! That is so pretty, I love the added brads, great idea. I maybe casing this one for a class, great job. Thanks so much for playing along Charlotte.

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty, love the green & purple together!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

I absolutly love that Upsy daisy stamp set. You showcased it so well in this sketch!
Way to go Charlotte.
you rock!
thank you so much for sharing

tonistamps said...

Beautiful Charlotte! And I see that you're attending Rose's School of Brad Usage! :)